Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- IL 3 from Grafton Hills Road to IL 109 near Grafton one lane restricted to perform widening, box culvert extensions and resurfacing through December 2017. (JA)
- IL 3/111 (Homer Adams Parkway) at Golf Road, lane restrictions to construct intersection and drainage improvements for the proposed Alton Multimodal Facility through June 2017. (Ops)
- IL 4, St. Jacob, structure over the East Fork of Silver Creek approximately 0.7 mile north of US 40, reduced to one-way traffic with width restrictions in place and temporary traffic signals for the remainder of construction through spring 2017. (SEP)
- SIU Northern Access Road over Cahokia Creek between IL 143 and New Poag Road will be reduced to one lane for approximately one month. At that time, the northbound and southbound lanes will both be reduced to one lane for the remainder of the project to repair the surfaces of both bridges through fall 2017. (JA)
- Hawthorne Avenue closed in both directions to all traffic between IL 3 and Old St. Louis Avenue in Hartford from February 13, 2017 to April 15, 2017 to replace a collector manhole for the Wood River Levee District Pump Station. Signed detours will be in place directing motorists to alternate routes. (Ops)
- **NEW** I-70 near Highland will have intermittent lane closures in each direction from Prairie Road (mile post 26) to Baumann Road (mile post 33) near Highland beginning March 1, 2017, weather permitting, to make repairs to the pavement and is expected to be completed by the end of March 2017. All lanes will be OPEN to peak hour traffic during the following times:
o Eastbound I-70: Monday through Thursday - 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
o Westbound I-70: Monday through Friday - 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM
o Eastbound and Westbound I-70: Fridays - 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
ST. CLAIR COUNTY
- I-55/64 westbound, between 3rd Street and Tudor Avenue, the right lane remains closed through spring 2017. Throughout the duration of this work, one lane of traffic will be closed at all times leaving two lanes open for traffic to construct a new ramp that will connect eastbound traffic from the Martin Luther King Bridge to westbound I-55/64. (JGG)
- I-64, from the Green Mount Road interchange to the IL 4 interchange, eastbound and westbound daily and nightly lane restrictions to add additional lanes to I-64 and construct a new interchange at Rieder Road through June 2017. All westbound lanes, west of IL 158, will remain open from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM and all westbound lanes, east of IL 158, will remain open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. All eastbound lanes, west of IL 158, will remain open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM and from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM and all eastbound lanes, east of IL 158, will remain open from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. (SEP)
- IL 13 under IL 15, Belleville, closed to all traffic through spring 2017. (SEP)
- IL 15 bridges over IL 13, Belleville, one lane closed in each direction of bridges through spring 2017. (SEP)
- IL 157 at IL 161/St. Clair Avenue, the bridge carrying IL 157 over IL 161/St. Clair Avenue has one lane in each direction open, including all ramps. Work will continue throughout the winter, and all four lanes will be opened in the spring of 2017. (JGG)
- Rieder Road, from US 50 to Wherry Road, closed except to local traffic to reconstruct Rieder Road and construct a new interstate interchange with I-64 through mid-May 2017. (SEP)
For IDOT District 8 updates on Twitter, follow us at http://twitter.com/IDOTDistrict8.
DOWNERS GROVE, IL – Beginning this weekend, lane closures will be scheduled in Itasca and in Bensenville for bridge beam installation as part of construction of new Illinois Route 390 Tollway over Hamilton Lakes Drive and Illinois Route 83. Electronic message signs will be put in place in advance to alert drivers to the closures.
Bridge beam installation will be scheduled to minimize the impact on traffic, with overnight lane closures on Hamilton Lakes Drive and Illinois Route 83. In addition, temporary, 15-minute full closures, on Illinois Route 83 will be scheduled during the overnight hours. The lane and roadway closures are necessary to provide a work zone that safely accommodates the construction of the new bridges.
Hamilton Lakes Drive Lane Closures
Weather permitting, beginning on Saturday, February 25, at 3 p.m., on Thorndale Avenue, a single eastbound lane will close along with the left-turn lane between I-290 and Arlington Heights Road. In addition, at 6 p.m. Hamilton Lakes Drive in both directions between Pierce Road and Thorndale Avenue will close with a posted detour.
To access Thorndale Avenue, traffic will be directed to use Pierce Road, Ketter Drive and Arlington Heights Road. To access local roads south of Thorndale, traffic will follow the same detour across Thorndale and then continue along Bryn Mawr Avenue to Willow Street and Clover Ridge Lane.